Cajun Roast Chicken
Discover our version of Cajun Asian spiced roast recipe, a delicious American flavour with Asian spices. Serve this succulent roast on your menu today.
Whole chickens (2 birds) 3 kg
Cajun Asian Seasoning Mix 120 g
Vegetable oil 50 ml
Curry leaves 30 g
Lemongrass 50 g
- Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease a large roasting pan and place few mirepoix on it.
- Rinse chickens under cold running water; Pat dry with paper towel; trim excess fat.
- Mix Cajun Asian seasoning mix with oil and leave it on a side.
- Thoroughly Rub the chicken in and out with the seasoning mix and massage it well.
- Fill the chicken cavity with curry leaves and lemongrass and tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Place both chickens in pan and brush with extra Seasoning.
- Roast for 1 hour 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove chickens from oven; transfer to a warm plate and strain the remaining roast gravy and serve separately with fried wedges.