Whole Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
The perfect dish for your vegetarian guests, this roasted cauliflower is crispy on the outside and fluffy on this inside. Give the recipe a try today.
Cauliflower, whole heads 1 kg
Thyme, fresh 1 g
Bay leaves 1 g
Water 1 l
Butter, melted 70 g
Black pepper, cracked 5 g
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Trim the bottom of the cauliflower and remove all the leaves and the stem, but without breaking apart. Give it a quick rinse and pat dry.
- Place the whole cauliflower in a pot and cover with water, Knorr Aromat Seasoning Powder, add fresh thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Drain and preserve the cooking liquid on a side; transfer the cauliflower head in a cast iron skillet or any oven proof pan. Ladle a little of the cooking stock over the cauliflower then drizzle with melted butter on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your cauliflower, until golden.
- Baste with cooking juice from time to time. Check with a knife, if it slides in easily, then it’s cooked.
- Remove from the oven. Slice, and serve with an extra drizzle of the buttery cooking juices.