This wonderfully easy vanilla cake is a classic among bakers and you’ll love it, A great choice to offer as all-day sweet snack too! Follow the recipe today!
Sugar, white 250 g
Eggs, whole 4 nos
Flour, sifted 250 g
Baking powder 4 g
Vanilla essence 5 ml
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Line an 8 to 9-inch round cake pans or a rectangular 1kg baking pan with oil paper and keep it on a side.
- Use a large mixing bowl or using an electric mixer, cream the Astra Fat Spread and Sugar together for 2 to 3 minutes at moderate speed until light and creamy and then add one egg and beat for another few minutes and scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Start beating again and add the remaining eggs in another two times following the same procedure; beating well till the sugar dissolved completely within 20 minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and gradually fold the flour mixture and Vanilla extract into the cream mixture at very low speed until blended smoothly.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 180 °C for 45 to 50 minutes, when well done the cake should spring back when lightly touched or use a wooden skewer or pick to insert into the centre of the layer and see whether it comes out clean and dry.
- Remove from pan, allow it to cool and peel off the paper.
- Allow the cake to completely cool down before covering.