TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”) FOR THE [MASTER OF SEASONING]
BY PARTICIPATING, PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ENTRIES MUST COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE VALID.
1. This Competition is open to all practicing commercial chefs who are Sri Lankan Nationals resident in Sri Lanka (SL) (collectively, the “Territory”), except for all employees or any individual professionally connected to the Unilever Group of Companies (Unilever N.V., Unilever PLC and all companies in which either Unilever N.V. or Unilever PLC directly or indirectly own or control at least fifty percent (50%) of the voting rights exercisable in general shareholders’ meetings or exercise control over the appointment of a majority of the Board of Directors or other controlling management body). Unilever employees or members of their families, contractors or agents are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER THE COMPETITION.
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, the participant must be a practicing commercial chef in
Unilever reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
3. ENTRANCE TO THE COMPETITION AND WINNER (“WINNER”) ANNOUNCEMENT
- The Competition’s entry period will start on 8th of May, 2019 and ends on 31st of October, 2019 (Midnight) and the entry period will be known as the “Entry Period”. However, the Competition will continue after the Entry Period for the final results. The final Competition will end on November, 2019 (“End Date").
- Unilever reserves the right to accept the participant or disqualify any participant once accepted. Unilever has also the right to disqualify a winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the participant has breached these Terms and Conditions. Non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Competition will automatically disqualify the winner from availing the prize.
- In the event that the participant is disqualified from the Competition or is unreachable where the participant is a winner, Unilever may at its sole discretion decide what to do with the prize. Any new participant selected in such an event shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- There will be 3 winners, each a Sri Lanka National resident in Sri Lanka, for the Culinary Black Box challenge in Colombo.
- Unilever has an exclusive right to reschedule the date it picks any winner.
- All decisions of Unilever in relation to the winner will be final and binding. Unilever shall not engage in any correspondence with the participants in the event of a dispute regarding the winner.
4. COMPETITION OBJECTIVE.
- There are 2 phases of the Competition, which are as follows:
I. Phase 1 - Regional Culinary Black Box Competition:
- To enter into the competition, the participant can use one of the following methods..,
o Contact your UFS Sales Representative
o Contact your regional Chef association
o Visit www.ufs.com and fill out the registration form under the Master of Seasonings page
- Limited slots are available, hence will be served on first come first serve basis and the final decision is with Unilever Food Solutions Sri Lanka.
- Once selected, you will be contacted by your regional chef association or a UFS Sales representative to inform date and venue of the competition
- The regional competition will be operated in the form a Culinary black box challenge.
- The competition guidelines will be provided only for the selected participants and will be provided directly via your regional chef association or UFS executive chef.
- The participant’s challenge is to take an everyday chicken dish and a rice dish and make an interesting twist with the help of Knorr seasoning products
- Each winner (1st, 2nd & 3rd Place) of the regional competitions will be rewarded with shopping vouchers
- There would be 3 such regional competitions and top 6 overall performers will be selected for the 2nd phase, Grand final Culinary Competition.
II. Phase 2 - Grand Final Culinary Competition:
- Top 6 submissions from the regional competition will qualify for this segment of the competition
- This will take place in the UFS Chefmanship center in Colombo
- The competition will be operated in the form a Culinary black box challenge and the rules will be provided directly to the Top 6 performers by the UFS executive chef
- Prizes for the mystery box challenge are:
3nights/4days tour package to Malaysia with economy class return flights and hotel accommodation on BB basis, for two people
Economy class return Flight tickets to Malaysia for two people
Samsung Galaxy S9 mobile phone
5. THE PRIZE.
- The prizes are as detailed above in Clause 4.
- Prize collection details will be communicated to the winner. Unilever shall not be responsible or liable for any late, lost, misdirected notification or for the winner’s unsuccessful efforts to claim the prize.
- The prize can be changed or altered by Unilever at any given time at its sole discretion. Unilever reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative prize without prior notice or to change its decision about the winner.
- The prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, are not redeemable for cash or other prizes and will not be assigned to any other person for any reason whatsoever. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and Unilever excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law.
- Any taxes (including income and withholding taxes) on a prize awarded directly to the winner are the responsibility of the winner as per the tax laws of the Territory.
- If receipts are required to enter this Competition, Unilever reserves the right to keep the original receipt, make a copy of the receipt or mark any receipts used by the participant to enter this Competition.
6. CRITERIA FOR PRIZE COLLECTION/ACCEPTANCE.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions as indicated above, the participant hereby consents to the publication of his or her name in any Unilever magazine and/or newspaper.
- Determination of the winner shall be noted in a document signed by Unilever or its agent/representative. The winner must provide evidence which, to the reasonable satisfaction of Unilever, demonstrates that he or she is the true winner, is eligible to enter this Competition and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
- The winner agrees to complete and execute any documentation required by Unilever, its representatives and affiliates or anyone on their behalf in order to give effect to their prize, including but not limited to certificate/affidavit of eligibility, publicity release or any other document as requested by Unilever at its sole discretion. Failure by the winner to return completed documents within the time specified by the relevant requests of Unilever or failure to execute any other obligation specified in the present rules or requests of Unilever may result in disqualification and the prize being awarded to the next participant chosen.
7. COMPETITION ENTITIES.
- This Competition is administered by Knorr & Unilever Food Solutions
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- The participant acknowledges that all copyrights, trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property rights in the artwork, graphics, text, video and audio clips and other content on the Competition (“Content”) are owned by Unilever and the participant hereby agree that he or she will not reproduce or otherwise use any such intellectual property rights, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever.
9. FORCE MAJEURE.
- Unilever may cancel, modify or suspend the Competition for causes outside Unilever’s reasonable control or by any force majeure including but not limited to actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared) fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labour dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond Unilever’s sole and reasonable control. In the event of termination, Unilever reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the winner of the prize from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received from each country up to time of such action using the judging procedure set forth herein.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Neither Unilever nor any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, application developers, advertising and Competition agencies, legal and financial advisors, any and all other companies associated with this Competition or any of Unilever’s respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, licensees, licensors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence) in connection with accepting or using the prize or participating in this Competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Unilever is not responsible for any defected, lost or stolen prize or the misuse
of the prize.
Each participant accepts the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions, and agrees to be bound by the decisions of Unilever and warrants that he or she is eligible to participate in this Competition. The participant agrees, except to the extent that any personal injury or death is caused by the Released Parties’ negligence or breach of these Terms and Conditions, that the Released Parties shall not be responsible for any claims, losses, liability, and damages of any kind (including reasonable attorneys fees and expenses) asserted against any of them, incurred, sustained, or arising in connection with the use, acceptance or misuse of any entry material, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or travelling to or from any Competition related activity including without limitation any injury, damage, death, loss, accident to person
or property, or from the respective participant’s breach of any agreement or warranty associated with this Competition, including these Terms and Conditions. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Unilever and each of their licensees and representatives reserve the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for any such attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The participant will indemnify and hold Unilever, their subsidiary and affiliate entities and the employees, officers, directors and representatives of each harmless (including costs and attorney’s fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of access to or use of the Competition, the violation of the Terms and Conditions, or the infringement of any intellectual property or other proprietary right, by the participant or any third party using the participant’s account. The participant’s obligation under this indemnity may not be offset against any other claim.
All entrants release from, and indemnify Unilever against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of the prize or participation in this Competition including, but not limited to, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
Unilever reserves the right at its sole discretion, without any prior notice, to suspend, cancel, terminate or modify any feature of the Competition including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use without advance notice and to recommence the Competition in its sole discretion and upon Terms and Conditions deemed reasonable by Unilever.
- By entering this Competition, each participant agrees that his or her personal data received by
- Unilever in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be processed for
the purpose of the Competition.
- The winner of this Competition hereby grants Unilever and its licensees, respective affiliates,
Competition partners, and third party marketing entities, at no cost and without the need of
any of the winners authorisation, the unconditional perpetual right and authority to publish and
broadcast anywhere in the world at any point in time, for any purpose in association with this
Competition and in any publicity and public relations about the Competition and media
(including internet sites, mobile, television, radio and press) (“Competition Publicity”); their
name, image, photograph, video footage or audio record taken of them (where applicable),
biographical data, testimonial, or other likeness and/or prize information or personal exposition
(and/or any edited portion thereof). By entering the Competition, the winner agrees to appear
in all necessary media coverage related to this Competition.
- Unilever will not bear any responsibility in respect thereof following the delivery of the prize.
- All entries become the property of Unilever. By entering this Competition, each participant
consents to the personal information they submit with their entry being used for the primary
purposes of: administering this Competition, passing on information to related entities and to
enter into a database for future promotional, marketing and publicity activities of Unilever or
the Unilever Group. Unilever regards the security of its personal information as a priority
however, cannot guarantee the security of personal information provided.
- By registering your details, the participant agrees that he or she is happy for his or her submitted
details to be stored and used by Unilever to keep him or her informed about Unilever
promotions, products and news. The participant understands that his or her details will not be
passed on or sold to any other third party without his or her prior knowledge and consent.
- Each participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the participant
and Unilever and its affiliates is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and
that the participant’s decision to participate in the Competition does not place Unilever and its
affiliates in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general
public with regard to elements of the participant’s participation, other than as set forth in these
Terms and Conditions.
- By registering and participating in this Competition, the participant accepts that any dispute in
relation to their participation in this event will be subject to the laws of the Sri Lanka and the
participant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Sri Lankan Courts.
- If any provision of these rules is invalid under the laws, rules or regulations of a particular
country, it will only apply to the extent permitted and adjusted as legal to satisfy Unilever’s
objectives. In addition, participants are required to abide by the applicable laws, rules and
regulations of the participants’ country of residence as they may pertain to participation in this